Playing against Pagosa Springs on Jan. 13, Montezuma-Cortez High School forward Walter Parker posted up near the right block, gained position and called for the ball. Soon after, the 6-foot-4 senior caught an entry...
High School Sports
After another tough tournament, Dove Creek High School wrestling coach Shane Baughman said that he is pleased with his team’s improvement.
Competing at the Doc Wright Invitational in Page, Ariz., Jan.
- Lady Panthers ninth in Albuquerque
- Lady Panthers hit rough stretch
- M-CHS wrestlers enjoy success versus Durango
- Panthers basketball falls to Pagosa
- Panthers wrestlers return home
- Panthers score comeback win at home
- M-CHS wrestling seventh in Montrose
- Bulldogs wrestle in Utah
- M-CHS swimmers finish second
Every New Year, countless individuals around the country resolve to improve their physical fitness. Due to the stresses and demands of everyday life, many individuals fail to live up to their resolution, yet some...
- sports briefs
- Tomac victorious in Phoenix
- CMS basketball teams win league titles
- The Chicken Creek conflict
- A simple cure for the dreaded fly casters elbow
- Ski Lizard Head
- Local off-road shop preps for 2015 racing season
- Pickleball picks up in Cortez
- Winners crowned at Elks Hoop Shoot
Competing at home against Newcomb on Jan. 20, the Dolores High School wrestling team coasted to a 42-12 victory.
"We had a week off and we really ground it out all week,...
- Bears make strides as turnovers decline
- Lady Bears coming together
- Rifle to be raffled
- Bears wrestle in Montrose
- Dolores defeats Dove Creek
Before matching up against Ignacio on Jan. 16, the Mancos High School boys basketball team figured it stood a fighting chance. Unable to contain Ignacio's explosive offense...
- The Hobbs way
- Team rallies around Kocourek
- Bluejays boys basketball starts strong in 2015
- Wrestlers fail to win a match in Pagosa
- Lady Jays fall to Norwood