On Sept. 3, 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed into law the Wilderness Act, creating the National Wilderness Preservation System that originally comprised 54 areas totaling 9.1 million acres in 13 states. Those...
- Fundraiser for guv
- Public access
- Amendment 68
- The tariff question
- Immigration issues
- Religious freedom
- Mesa Verde
- Primary results
Letters to the editor
It’s a problem that demands a quick fix: Many members of the public are rightfully disturbed by the recent horse deaths in Mesa Verde National Park. But this isn’t a new problem. And it’s not going...
- Feeling the smallness of being in economy class
- Finally working to stop the worst people on earth
- TDRs are a way to control others’ property
- America’s blessings exist to be shared
- New vehicles send wrong message
- GOP will not gain from Rand Paul’s bogus outreach
- Gifts are best enjoyed by sharing them
- Cause of writer’s anger was unclear
- Time to realize Democrats’ grave mistake
MECC Cares for kids
By Sahara Thurston and Geof...
Kids, babies, and pregnant ladies.
Southwest health notes
Everyone experiences pain...
ABOVE HERMOSA CREEK – Flying...
Life in the Legislature
The La Plata Archuleta Cattlemen had...
Our commissioners have received considerable criticism for changing the TDR plan on the Dolores River. This criticism has been based on opinion, not facts. The continuation of...