Ray Dennison was playing right guard for the Fort Lewis A&M Aggies when they faced off against Trinidad Junior College on Sept. 24, 1955.
Dennison had grown up in Cortez, the son of a logger, before joining...
State Nation and World
Greek police destroy suspected parcel bomb intercepted at Athens stock exchange
Rep. Scott Tipton is accepting applications from students interested in attending a U.S. service academy next year. The deadline to apply is Oct. 6.
Each year, members...
- Gangapreneur donates to Kiva Montessori school
- Library refutes report of Hernandez service
- Judge dismisses charges against Humiston-Scott
- Manaugh celebrates
- Sticky question
Fair board seeks new members
The Montezuma County Fair Board is looking for three community members who are willing to work together to organize county fair events,...
- 2014 MONTEZUMA COUNTY FAIR RESULTS, 4-H DIVISIONS
- Southwest Farm Fresh co-op looks to step up distribution
- Voters pick top chili, salsa
- Watery eyes, gasps for air
- Green thumbs take home Blue Ribbons
Empire Electric Association, Inc. will conduct routine inspections on poles and towers to determine their current-state of condition during the first three weeks of October.
- Local business can define a community
- Duncan’s Upholstery moves into new, larger home
- CREA’s subsidy totals $30K
- Walls rise on new Aaron’s building
- Business briefs
Services for Randy Winter are pending with the Ertel Funeral Home. Randy was born on Nov.
- Alfred Glenn Pierce
- Rapp Wilson Gawthrop
- Scott ‘Lem’ Englehart
- Barbara Darlene Skidmore
- Montgomery Ray ‘Monty’ Coyote
“It’s not an engineered...
In the penetrating heat of...
We were very comfortable on...
A 110-pound black dog named Buddy sat in the center of the children's section of the Dolores Public Library Monday, patiently waiting for his next appointment.
- Rains improve McPhee outlook
- Overlook Trail work begins
- River Talk: Weather was a bit drastic
- CSU plans to start hemp trials
- Resident honored for business
At least 12 pilots came to the Mancos Valley Balloon and Arts Festival this weekend, and about half of them lifted off from Boyle Park on Saturday morning.
It was a...
- Study: Red Arrow is safe
- Excelsior works to improve air quality
- Town board appoints Matthew Baskin
- Civil trial set in $25M loan default
- Town board discusses backyard farming