A dog watches as fire destroys a workshop behind the house at 12403 Road 22 Tuesday afternoon. Lewis Arriola firefighters responded to the call, but the workshop was already too far gone to be saved. An old tractor was destroyed in the fire. Lewis Arriola Fire chief George Deavers said it appears sparks from a garbage burn are responsible for the fire. “Everything’s dry right now, so it doesn’t take much,” he said.
Send announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Items submitted less than two weeks in advance will be less likely to be published. Entries may be edited for length and content.
Tuesday, July 29
The Montezuma County Fair Horticulture/Agriculture/Design Show, July 31 to Aug. 2. Classes include: Flowers, fruits and vegetables, foliage, herbs, houseplants, educational displays, and floral design. Entries accepted July 30...