A dog watches as fire destroys a workshop behind the house at 12403 Road 22 Tuesday afternoon. Lewis Arriola firefighters responded to the call, but the workshop was already too far gone to be saved. An old tractor was destroyed in the fire. Lewis Arriola Fire chief George Deavers said it appears sparks from a garbage burn are responsible for the fire. “Everything’s dry right now, so it doesn’t take much,” he said.
People are encouraged to submit announcements about upcoming events for the Community Calendar. Send announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Items submitted less than two weeks in advance will be less likely to be published.
Wednesday, March 5
The public is invited to Ash Wednesday Services, which will begin at 7 p.m. on March 5 at the St. Philip the Evangelist Anglican Church (corner of S. Market and 7th St.). For...